All the activities of the CIHEAM are based on a BOTTOM-UP COLLABORATION approach and are PROBLEM-SOLVING oriented, in relation with the specific needs of the countries.
The CIHEAM's missions structured around 4 PILLARS of developpement and divided into 15 THEMATIC PRIORITIES.
The CIHEAM Strategic Agenda 2025 and its Action Plan are aimed at implementing the United-Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, in the Mediterranean in specific fields.
- Promoting the Mediterranean diet.
- Enhancing agro-ecological practices.
- Improving food safety and quality.
- Increasing access to food.
- Youth employment and life-long learning.
- Development of rural and coastal regions.
- Gender Equality and participation of vulnerable groups.
- Emergence of smart rural territories and of inclusive agriculture and fishery models.
- Population mobility and migrations.
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation solutions.
- Animal and plant health.
- Agricultural markets.
1. Mediterranean platform for policy dialogue on drivers of rural migration.
2. Mediterranean pact for sustainable agriculture and food.
3. Mediterranean empowerment action for youth and women in rural areas.
4. Training for zero waste in the Mediterranean - natural resources, food and knowledge.
5. CIHEAM affiliated centres: a tangible contribution to the European Neighbourhood Policy.