All the activities of the CIHEAM are based on a BOTTOM-UP COLLABORATION approach and are PROBLEM-SOLVING oriented, in relation with the specific needs of the countries.
The CIHEAM's missions structured around 4 PILLARS of developpement and divided into 15 THEMATIC PRIORITIES.
The CIHEAM Strategic Agenda 2025 and its Action Plan are aimed at implementing the United-Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, in the Mediterranean in specific fields.
- Promoting the Mediterranean diet.
- Enhancing agro-ecological practices.
- Improving food safety and quality.
- Increasing access to food.
- Youth employment and life-long learning.
- Development of rural and coastal regions.
- Gender Equality and participation of vulnerable groups.
- Emergence of smart rural territories and of inclusive agriculture and fishery models.
- Population mobility and migrations.
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation solutions.
- Animal and plant health.
- Agricultural markets.