The CIHEAM Action Plan for the Mediterranean (CAPMED 2025)
All the activities of the CIHEAM are based on a BOTTOM-UP COLLABORATION approach and are PROBLEM-SOLVING oriented, in relation with the specific needs of the countries.
The CIHEAM's missions are structured around 4 PILLARS of development and divided into 15 THEMATIC PRIORITIES.
The CIHEAM Strategic Agenda 2025 and its Action Plan are aimed at implementing the United-Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, in the Mediterranean in specific fields.
15 Thematic Priorities
Protecting the planet “by struggling against triple waste"
1) Sharing knowledge and defending traditional know how
2) Managing natural resources and energy (water, soil, forests, energy, biodiversity, sea...)
3) Reducing agricultural losses and food waste throughout food chains
Food security and nutrition "by boosting sustainable agriculture and food"
1) Promoting the Mediterranean diet
2) Enhancing agro-ecological practices
3) Improving food safety and quality
4) Increasing access to food
Inclusive development "by investing in new generations and fragile territories"
1) Youth employment and life-long learning
2) Development of rural and coastal regions
3) Gender equality and participation of vulnerable groups
4) Emergence of smart rural territories and of inclusive agriculture and fishery models
Crises and resilience "by contributing to tensions management"
1) Population mobility and migrations
2) Climate change mitigation and adaptation solutions
3) Animal and plant health
4) Agricultural markets
5 FLAGSHIP INITIATIVES
1) Mediterranean Platform for Policy Dialogue on Drivers of Rural Migration.
2) Mediterranean Pact for Sustainable Agriculture and Food.
3) Mediterranean Empowerment Action for Young People and Women in Rural Areas.
4) Zero Waste in the Mediterranean - Natural Resources, Food and Knowledge.
5) Affiliated Centres: a tangible contribution to the European Neighborhood Policy.
CAPMED & SDGTélécharger le CAPMED