NEW MEDIT’s latest publication focuses on innovation and sustainability of Agri-food systems in the Mediterranean area by developing 8 subjects :
- TOWARDS FOOD SYSTEMS TRANSFORMATION IN THE MEDITERRANEAN REGION: UNLEASHING THE POWER OF DATA, POLICY, INVESTMENT AND INNOVATION
- COLLABORATION THROUGH EIP-AGRI OPERATIONAL GROUPS AND THEIR ROLE AS INNOVATION INTERMEDIARIES
- COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE AS A DOMAIN OF ECONOMIC EXCHANGE: MODELS, SOCIAL CAPITAL AND PERFORMANCE OF THREE COMMUNITY SUPPORTED AGRICULTURE GROUPS IN TURKEY
- IMPROVING THE ECONOMIC SUSTAINABILITY OF ITALIAN FARMER: AN EMPIRICAL ANALYSIS OF DECISION-MAKING MODELS FOR INSURANCE ADOPTION.
- PERCEPTIONS OF THE LINKS BETWEEN GOVERNANCE AND FOOD SECURITY: CASE STUDY OF THE PULSES SECTOR IN MOROCCO.
- SPACES OF INNOVATION AND WOMEN RURAL ENTREPRENEURSHIP IN ITALY
- FINANCING AGRI-FOOD BUSINESS IN THE MEDITERRANEAN AREA THROUGH CROWDFUNDING: DO ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES MATTER?
- DIMENSIONS OF SOCIAL INNOVATION IN AGRICULTURAL COOPERATIVES: A MODEL APPLIED TO THE SPANISH OLIVE OIL INDUSTRY
NEW MEDIT, an OPEN ACCESS review, is a quarterly review published on behalf of the IAM in Bari, the Italian Institute of Ciheam. It is a new edition of the former journal, Medit, which was first published in 1990.
Economics, agriculture, and environment are the keywords of the subjects dealt with in the review. The papers tackle the different problems characterising the economy and the agriculture of the Mediterranean countries, with a multi-disciplinary approach, and the relationships between them. NEW MEDIT is an information and scientific analysis tool for getting a deeper insight into the economic and the social transformations of agriculture and the rural societies as well as in agro-food networks of the Mediterranean Basin.