The CIHEAM Action Plan for the Mediterranean (CAPMED 2025)
All the activities of the CIHEAM are based on a BOTTOM-UP COLLABORATION approach and are PROBLEM-SOLVING oriented, in relation with the specific needs of the countries.
The CIHEAM's missions are structured around 4 PILLARS of development and divided into 15 THEMATIC PRIORITIES.
The CIHEAM Strategic Agenda 2025 and its Action Plan are aimed at implementing the United-Nations Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, in the Mediterranean in specific fields.
15 Thematic Priorities
Protecting the planet “by struggling against triple waste"
- Sharing knowledge and defending traditional know how
- Managing natural resources and energy (water, soil, forests, energy, biodiversity, sea...)
- Reducing agricultural losses and food waste throughout food chains
Food security and nutrition "by boosting sustainable agriculture and food"
- Promoting the Mediterranean diet
- Enhancing agro-ecological practices
- Improving food safety and quality
- Increasing access to food
Inclusive development "by investing in new generations and fragile territories"
- Youth employment and life-long learning
- Development of rural and coastal regions
- Gender equality and participation of vulnerable groups
- Emergence of smart rural territories and of inclusive agriculture and fishery models
Crises and resilience "by contributing to tensions management"
- Population mobility and migrations
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation solutions
- Animal and plant health
- Agricultural markets
5 FLAGSHIP INITIATIVES
- Mediterranean Platform for Policy Dialogue on Drivers of Rural Migration.
- Mediterranean Pact for Sustainable Agriculture and Food.
- Mediterranean Empowerment Action for Young People and Women in Rural Areas.
- Zero Waste in the Mediterranean - Natural Resources, Food and Knowledge.
- Affiliated Centres: a tangible contribution to the European Neighborhood Policy.
CAPMED & SDGTélécharger le CAPMED