Network of Meditarranean Plant Conservation Centres
Learn more : http://www.genmeda.net/
GENMEDA is a network of seed banks and conservation centres of genetic resources of the Mediterranean flora who share a common floristic region, a geographical area with a similar landscape and a common set of problems concerning natural environment disruptions. GENMEDA mission is to contribute to the conservation of Mediterranean flora genetic resources through the following objectives:
- Enhancement of human capital, equipments and methodologies to boost flora conservation applied knowledge.
- Harvesting of most threatened species genetic materials and creating, as far as possible, living plant collections.
- Creation of a virtual common collection of vegetal genetic and reproduction materials.
- Planning of joint initiatives concerning flora conservation and/or management
- Backing-up the making-decision processes of flora conservation public policies
Support of environmental education and public awareness on biodiversity conservation.