Proceedings of the MedForum2018 “Research and Innovation: Tools for Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security” in Options Méditerranéennes A124 has been published.
The book contains 28 contributions (7 extended abstracts and 21 full papers) from over 80 young researchers from the Mediterranean basin. Open Access: LINK
WHAT SHOULD BE REMEMBERED FROM THIS MEETING?
1. The active participation of 175 PhD students and young researchers coming from 27 countries in the MEDFORUM2018 is a clear endorsement of CIHEAM role and strategy for capacity building providing the necessary human resources for countries to meet their needs for agricultural and rural development;
2. The high-level participation of distinguished international organisations: FAO, UfM, CMI and AGREENIUM confirms the importance of MEDFORUM2018 and the importance of the strategic themes dealt with in this Forum;
3. MEDFORUM2018 confirmed that the CIHEAM Strategic Agenda 2025 (#CAPMED2025) is a valuable framework to identify and share potential innovation tools geared towards integrated solutions for sustainable agriculture, food and nutrition security; and to enhance research and innovation impact at national and regional levels.
4. During MEDFORUM2018, FAO and CIHEAM disclosed an initiative that will provide partial support for field research to PhD students and young researchers. CIHEAM will pursue its efforts to gather further support from other partner institutions;
5. MEDFORUM2018 was an occasion to share the success stories of CIHEAM’ alumni and present the impact achieved in their respective countries. LINK
After the success of the 1st edition of Montpellier in 2016, CIHEAM organized the 2nd edition of the Mediterranean initiative for PhD students and young researchers (MedForum2018) at CIHEAM Bari (Italy) from 18 to 20 September 2018. MedForum2018, entitled “Research and Innovation: Tools for Sustainable Agriculture and Food Security”, focused on and its Action Plan developed for the implementation of the United-Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, in specific fields across the Mediterranean area.
Reviving the #MedForum2018
MedForum2018 was organized by CIHEAM in partnership with MAECI-Italy (Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation), CMI (Center for Mediterranean Integration of the World Bank), UfM (Union for the Mediterranean), Agreenium (Institut Agronomique, Vétérinaire et Forestier de France) and with the technical collaboration of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).
Through the research work of PhD students and young researchers, MedForum2018 aimed at:
- Fostering entrepreneurship, women and youth employment;
- Identifying and sharing potential innovation tools geared towards integrated solutions for sustainable agriculture, food and nutrition security;
- Enhancing research and innovation impact at national and regional level;
- Proposing alternatives to prevent young researchers’ migrations.
CAPMED & SDGTélécharger le CAPMED